So yesterday we had a great Houston PHP/MySQL Meeting at the University of Houston. We got to have our own little classroom with projectors, wireless internet and whiteboard. John Arnold who was supposed to do a presentation on his ERP system didn’t show up (maybe couldn’t find the place?), but I gave a quick introduction to Prototype and script.aculo.us to everyone.
Since we still had some free time, I went over Smarty for a bit, writing some PHP examples.
Things to improve next month:
- Send the invitation email a week before the event, and not a day before like this time.
- Ask people to introduce themselves before starting with the actual presentations.
- Include the driving directions on the event details itself.
- When sending out the invitation email, include a link to some map service.
Also, the following things:
- Post the meeting details to Craigslist.org
- Post the meeting details to PHP.net
- Remember to bring the digital camera so we can have another picture of the group
- Ask people for their name and email address so we can follow-up with them after the meeting